Friday, July 27, 2007

faith and medicine

My deal with alternative medicines is that I believe they were 'stolen' by the enemy and now have connotations there that keep the Christians from exploring their uses fully, but that does not mean that God did not intend their uses for good.

There are Christian practitioners, IME, in most fields of alternative medicine. I do believe that if participating in anything will cause you to fall into a lifestyle that is unholy, then of course, you should flee from it.

This said, I do not believe that any one of the alternative healing modalities itself is unholy, only some of the practitioners.

Most Christians have no problem worshiping western medicine and using it, nevermind that the developers of said practices and medicines often believe themselves to be God.

Here are the quotes I think are very 'telling'
"See, I have given you every herby that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth and every tree whose fruit yeilds seed; to you it shall be for food"

"And Jesus, immediately knowing that the energy had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, "Who touched my clothes?"

Energy is a funny word. God created energy. Every living thing contains energy (natural frequency) which can be proven even with western science.

Why should Christians shrink from something created by God just because some agent of the enemy also uses this as a buzz-word?

I personally use any number of kinds of treatment. I use Claritin when allergies act up. I take adrenal supplements when my blood sugar is wonkey. I take Echinacea when I have a sinus infection. I have recomended accupuncture for infertility treatment when the cause was 'unexplained' successfully. I use homeopathic Arnica 200C when my children falll and crack their heads, and I take Excedrin when I have a headache. Each works for it's own purpose, and used judiciously, I think they all have their place.

No comments: